TonicDM can automatically file incoming items in their correct project, however occasionally you will see a message in the top left of the application such as:
Filing the Item
- Click on the Item Needs Filing message.
- Scroll down to find the item. It will be in either Files, RFIs or Submittals.
- Click on the item to open it.
- Look for the Move to Project field. Type some of the project name or number to find the project.
- Select the project that is item needs filing into. If the project doesn't exist, you'll need to create it first.
Note: This only needs to be done once for each organization you collaborate with on a project.
Understanding Project Matching
The first time you receive an incoming item from another organization, TonicDM will ask you which project it belongs in.
From that point on it knows that items sent from that organization’s project should be filed in your organization’s project, so it doesn't need to ask again (incoming items will be filed automatically).
You can see which projects at other organizations you are connected to by going to your project settings page and scrolling down to the Links with Other Organizations section.